[CAUT] When to restring...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 6 09:50:58 MDT 2010

tannertuner wrote:

> And regarding capos being "more important", perhaps that isn't the right
> word. What word would I use to say "that's where we would correct most
> of the obvious problems"?

In my experience and opinion, most of the problems addressed
at the capo are tuned front duplex related, rather than the
actual termination.

I am curious though, how many techs out there find noisy
agraffes to be a problem, and if anyone but the tech hears it.
The zingers in the capo section, typically at unison(s) with
the longest front duplex(es) are discussed endlessly on both
lists and have been since the beginning. For a rampant problem
that's worth at least two hours of  - someone's - time to
avoid, it seems odd to me that there is so very little mention
of it in the archives.

Ron N