[CAUT] Keys

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Sat Aug 7 12:37:13 MDT 2010

Gerry,
    Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately the only really good way (in my opinion) to fix the eroded keystick problem is to machine the keystick down, glue on a species correct piece of wood with the same grain orientation, then trim it down to the proper size and recover the tops and fronts. There is no silver bullet. We often get the keyboards here that technicians have tried some of the less labor intensive routes and it's scary. Putty, bondo, plaster, epoxy, veneers of all species (including the iron on type) and several mystery materials. Good luck, Mike

BLACKSTONE VALLEY PIANO
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569