[CAUT] Schnabel

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:14:36 MDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Laurence Libin wrote:

> Fred, what did Schnabel mean by this? Laurence
>>
>> "I am only interested in music that is better than it can be
>> played."  Schnabel

	i think the idea is that there is more in the music than can be
conveyed by any single performance or interpretation, that it always
has more to explore and discover. But there are a couple other ways of
looking at it, too.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Twain