[CAUT] It's sooo nasty humid!

wbis290 wbis290 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 15:21:53 MDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I think that it would depend on what your tuning schedule for the year is like. The two small universities that I tune for have all the pianos tuned in August, October, January, and March. Here in Northwest Ohio, we get humidity readings from as low as 15% in the winter to as high as 90%. I take a temperature and humidity gauge with me for each tuning and write down the information after each tuning. At both schools I have seen humidity changes of up to 60%. If you are not on a regular tuning schedule like the one that I have, I would tune only the performance pianos and wait for the rest. If they are tuned now and will not be tuned for another four months or so, you will probably be in big trouble. If you have a regular tuning schedule for only three months or so, I would go for it now and get all of the pianos done. If they sound as bad as the ones the I have checked at the universities so far, I would be willing to bet that they are horrible.

God bless

Bill Balmer, RPT
Ohio Northern University and the University of Findlay