[CAUT] Steinway Pedal Lyre Regulation After Reconditioning

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 07:06:51 MDT 2010

Tom writes:

First, remove the tiny leather inserts from the rubber rod tips.  They are an
adjustment feature you don't need here.   Be sure there are no sharp spots on
the rod ends; file them smooth if needed.

I must respectfully disagree.  The inserts are there for the longevity of the rubber cup. Around the school,  I have had more than a few rubber cups disintegrate without the leather, but the ones that are installed with the leather last for  years.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT