[CAUT] Steinway Pedal Lyre Regulation After Reconditioning

mcneiltom at aol.com mcneiltom at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 08:01:39 MDT 2010

I have found that if the rod tip is smooth, perhaps gently rounded, the rubber tip lasts for years and years of heavy institutional use without the leather dot.

I will agree with my esteemed colleague Ed that the leather dot can extend the life of the rubber tip, but probably only if the rod is sharply square ended or burred.  And I think, as Jon has suggested, it shouldn't be.

~ Tom McNeil ~
Vermont Piano Restorations