[CAUT] Steinway Pedal Lyre Regulation After Reconditioning

Paul Milesi, RPT paul at pmpiano.com
Sun Aug 15 12:01:51 MDT 2010

Tom, Ed, Jon, Gerry & Fred-

Many thanks to all for your helpful replies and discussion.  I believe the
source of the "problem" is that the new pedal cushions ("ravioli") are
thicker than the originals.  I mentioned this as a possibility in my
original post, and Fred also confirms that he has seen this before.  In any
case, I guess the solution is still to cut a little off each of the three
rods, not to squish down the cushions.  Since I am customizing the rod
lengths to what's now there, I plan to leave the leather dots inside the
rubber bushings.  I will report back my results.
--
Paul Milesi, RPT
Staff Piano Technician