[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 07:58:07 MDT 2010

Hey guys,
   David, I know it is counter-productive to increaseinteria by moving leads to the front. We know Steinwayfit the action to the strike line therefore moving thecapstans away from the theoretically correct position.Hamburg fits the piano to the action which is whyI've seen so many prefer it over NY. I am interestedin your solution given Paul's constraints. I believethe original knuckle dimension is around 15.5 mm?I found this always increased dip when going longerhowever am not an action designer, but have had RoselandPiano re-manufacture several of this vintage keyboardswith corrected ratios and it was the answer to beingable to lead closer to the balance rail with great results.