[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:34:36 MDT 2010

On Aug 25, 2010, at 8:26 PM, William Monroe wrote:

> Don't know why it says to place the line forward in the manual, and
> neither did Kent.

	A practical reason: they are not utterly symmetrical, so if they are
reversed (while you insert or remove a punching), your key leveling
will suffer. That is my take, anyway, and borne out by experience. But
from my observation, I don't believe they are purposely drilled off
center.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht