[CAUT] Hailun & Suzuki vs. Yamaha

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Aug 27 09:56:26 MDT 2010

Definately Hauling over Suzuki.  Suzuki is not a contendor for
institutional use (flimsily built to very loose quality standards).
Hauling has some advantages over Yamaha and if you are prepared to
voice hard hammers can sound better.  I had a school choose a Wendl
(upgraded Hauling) over a U1 of the same size.  I had extensively
voiced it and it did sound much better, the winner though is that U1
keybeds move a lot with the weather and the piano is rarely in good
regulation whereas the Hauling have a very solid aluminum frame keybed
mounted to the plate.  They don't go out of regulation for the
weather.  They have had this piano for some time now and I still get
compliments and grateful thanks when I meet faculty regarding it.

If they want the best bang for the buck over the long term they should
get Sauter or a similar solid tier-one piano.  With the Euro weak this
is the best time to drive a hard bargain.

YMMV,
Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano