[CAUT] Fortepiano for University

Garee, Anne E. agaree at admin.fsu.edu
Fri Aug 27 11:46:35 MDT 2010

Ed,

We like our Barbara/Tom Wolf instrument very much.  Commissioned by FSU
in 1998, it is a Walter copy with a traditional Viennese action and has
been quite stable both for tuning and for regulation.  It is appropriate
for most Hayden, mid-late Schubert, and early-mid Beethoven.  We are
fortunate that the instrument is housed in a studio that has double
doors for moving purposes.  We have a dolly that fits nicely under it
without removing the legs so it transitions well from studio to stage.
We have transported it on its side and it seems to put up with that
quite well.   The craftsmanship is extremely high quality.  Barbara
travelled to FSU and spent a full day with me for orientation,
regulation, etc.  Both she and Tom have been generous over the phone
with help.

Anne

Anne Garee, Program Director for Piano Technology

Florida State University College of Music

122 N. Copeland Street

Tallahassee, FL 32306-1180

850-645-7873

agaree at fsu.edu <mailto:agaree at fsu.edu>