[CAUT] Ear wax

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Dec 1 11:46:37 MST 2010

On 12/1/2010 9:45 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:
> No myth my friend.  Doubters.  How do you explain my open ears today,
> then?  Act of God?

Hi, Paul

The bottom line as I read the various sides of the argument is that ear
candling helps some people, possibly harms others, and is ineffective
for some others.

I've read something else -- if you take the right omega 3 oils (like
krill oil) and stop eating transfats (margarine, food fried at high
temperature, seed oils) the wax doesn't cake up so it doesn't stay in
there. There are other benefits to improving the kind of fats one eats
anyway, so why not? Natural (not artificial hydrogenated) saturated fats
(butter, eggs, suet, etc.) are not the problem. Seed oils harden up
because they oxidize too easily. Transfats are already oxidized. They
injure the insides of the arteries, so the liver sends cholesterol as a
kind of bandage to heal them. == plaque.

YMMV.

This really does belong on the PTG hearing list. <hearing at ptg.org>
You can sign up at the PTG website, just like for pianotech and CAUT.

Susan Kline