[CAUT] F..riction

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 12:02:16 MST 2010

Hi Gerry,

I don't remember exactly whom was the purveyor of this idea but it was discussed in Vegas.
Among other places, it likely came up in one of Richard Davenport's classes, and during Andre Oorebeek's class I may have asked if he ever used them.  I have found binder clips to be a useful bridge between hammers that have become too light (from wear and surfacing) to repeat well (not enough downweight) and the eventual replacement of same (or not!).  So far, every piano I have done this too has reaped the added benefit of "improved tone"--highly subjective, I know, but a view shared by the principal users of said pianos and me, so it' s all good ;-).

Alan Eder