[CAUT] strange rib damage

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 13:33:10 MST 2010

how much pressure is exerted on the board
when fully strung?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that at 1 1/2 degrees downbearing each string would be exerting about 3-4 pounds of downward pressure, which would yield between 700 and 1,000 pounds total.  Along these lines, I was once part of a quartet of adults (with an average weight of around 200 pounds) recruited to stand on a bridge for the purpose of setting downbearing under simulated load.  Del? Ron? Dale?

Alan Eder