[CAUT] Willmayer Harpsichord

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:40:43 MST 2010

Dear list.

I have been asked to evaluate a Willmayer harpsichord for the University and
have been stymied in my search for any information about this builder. Has
anyone ever heard of this make and/or worked on one.  This one is 2 manual
1X16, 2X8, 1X4 and all registered are controlled only by pedals. Both 8'
stops have buff stops. The super structure is that of pianoforte and not of
a harpsichord and it has very old (possibly 1906's) electronic pick-ups on
all the strings with an amplifier and build in speaker. There are controls
on the front that I assume are for adjusting the volume of each set of
strings. It is obviously not a reproduction but comes from the experimental
line of harpsichord making. I was not able to find a serial number. It looks
like is strung with all modern steel string and wrapped strings on part of
the 16'.

Thanks

Rex Roseman