[CAUT] "Extreme" piano pictures wanted

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 20 12:34:07 MST 2010

On 12/20/2010 12:44 PM, McCoy, Alan wrote:
> Here’s a link to a Bosey move gone wrong:
>
> I call it “Oops”

This was chewed up for a couple of weeks on the "other" list. The
reporting was far more incompetently done than the move. What we see is
an incomplete photo set, out of sequence. The second photo shows the
crew setting the piano on the dolly using the lift gate, quite under
control and reasonably done. This should be the first photo in the
series shown. The first photo shows the piano successfully atop the
dolly, with the gate back up. This should have been the second photo in
the series shown. The next photo we see is of the piano on the ground.
This should have been the forth photo. The missing third photo would
have shown the piano in position on the gate as it was being lowered.
The effect is to portray this crew as total idiots, who can't tell when
the back of the piano is still three feet inside the truck as the gate
is lowered. What happened is that the back corner of the skid board
barely caught on something as the gate lowered, and dumped the piano. It
was a couple of seconds of inattention, during a move that was otherwise
under competent control. Somebody screwed up, absolutely, but it was
nowhere nearly as monumentally stupid a thing as the text indicates. It
was an accident that, but for another inch, wouldn't have happened at
all. Maybe you can remember something similar and more personal. I sure can.

So, because of that couple of seconds of inattention by one individual,
the unlucky lack of clearance at the rear corner of the skid, and the
irresponsible and totally unrepresentative reporting of it on the
internet this crew and this company has received a priceless and
apparently immortal quantity of negative press making them look like
utter morons. That has to have done the business wonders.

Personally, I'd hire them for a move if they're still in business and
haven't starved. I guarantee they're the carefullest movers on the
planet now, and don't allow photographs.
Ron N