[CAUT] Caution with sharp knives

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Dec 22 09:10:58 MST 2010

Hello-

All ok, but figured I would send a reminder note of caution regarding our
extremely sharp Japanese knives.  Yesterday I was trimming leather off an
older set of Renner backchecks and in a quick instant the hardwood split and
I got a semi serious laceration requiring half a dozen stitches on middle
finger.  With break starting hardly anyone was around so drove home one
handed. Fortunately my wife is a nurse so she took it from there. Also
fortunate that I'm done with tuning now for over a week, as far as I know.

Have a relaxing Holiday everyone.

Cheers!

Dennis Johnson