[CAUT] How big is too big?

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Wed Nov 3 23:44:26 MDT 2010

Hi, Ron,

FWIW, there's such a range of EM programs and types of EM servers out
there now, that even if everyone using EM had perfect knowledge of
what they're using, we'd still be dealing with variations of the same theme.

For a very quick (and, admittedly broadly painted) view of things,
here's a link to a (somewhat dated) Wikipedia page that briefly
outlines a number of different EM programs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-mail_clients

Personally, I think that if we all went back to using Pine for EM and
Edlin for text editing, the volume on most lists would shrink to a
much more manageable level.

...sans serif types, indeed....

Cheers!

Horace