[CAUT] Door width for new building plans

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Nov 11 14:06:54 MST 2010

We have 3 rooms on our south end of the building that have double
doors....wide enough to get any of the B's or D's to other rooms. The rest
of the building have "normal" width doors which require movers to come to
move stuff and 3 steps in the middle of the building (who knows what moron
designed this place!), so no way to move any other grand anywhere, but to
hire movers. If we have to move a piano from north to south, it involves
going outside and around, or put an old ramp on the steps to move.  Also,
our elevator can barely handle a B, so D's are doomed to be in the room
they're in.  Rebuilding D's has to go somewhere else, even simple things
like restringing or basic belly work. It's sad that architects in those
days of the early 60's just couldn't think logistics out very well...or
that the cost was too much, so the university cut budgets so much that we
have what we have....a nightmare! B's can come to the shop, but
soundboard/bridge replacements have to be outsourced!

Get double wide doors and a freight elevator and level floors!! :>)

Paul