[CAUT] pinned agraffe

Bob Hohf rhohf at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 16 07:20:26 MST 2010

Unless we can ask the designer (who may still be around somewhere), the
actual intent is anyone's guess.  My guess, FWIW, is that the strings are
not intended to bear on the steel pin, but the pin is installed to reinforce
the brass in some way.  Does the pin really make the agraffe more rigid?
Who knows?

However, the fact remains that the pin is exposed in the holes of some
agraffes and not others.  So no matter how you take the intent, a whole
bunch of them are defective.  But they sure look cool.

Bob Hohf