[CAUT] Chopstick tool needles?

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Nov 17 10:51:55 MST 2010

Yesterday I was voicing before a concert, and for only the second time
ever I broke the tip off the needle in my chopstick voicing tool. I got
out the needle case I keep in an old pill container in my kit, which
also luckily held the tiny allen key for the chopstick, and I found that
I had exactly one needle left in there. Plus I had used it multiple
times to open clogged CA glue bottle spouts. Luckily when I broke it in
two to make it short enough, the CA came off it.

Anyway, years ago I had some idea which needles to buy for this kind of
voicing, but now I'm drawing a blank. I've been using a fairly small
"sharps" needle. Does anyone have any hints about what size and type I
should get? I leave about 1/3 of an inch exposed.

thanks ...

Susan Kline

P.S. Tuned and voiced for Jon Nakamatsu and Jon Manasse yesterday --
what gents, what musicians!