[CAUT] Weikert felt --was: Chopstick tool needles?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Nov 19 13:58:52 MST 2010

Ed,
I've used them now (Wally's Naturals) perhaps a dozen times.  I love them!
 Very easy to work with in both classroom pianos and practice rooms. Right
out of the box (with Wally's one day seminar) I find them very forgiving.
However, in the practice rooms, I'm finding them brightening up fairly
quickly, but easily voiced down with a few stitches on the near crown
areas.

I should have used them on our Steinway D in our main hall, but our piano
dept. head insisted on Steinway hammers!~  They're a bear to work with and
to cooperate the way I want. I'm sorry I got them.  They're VERY sensitive
on juicing or needling, but,  I'm getting there, but are much harder to
voice. what I should have done is put on those Ables on and let him oooh
and ahhh about how great they sound, and then tell him what they are!! ;>)
Too late!  Now have to go in tomorrow at 6pm to tune it to our Baldwin D
together and unacorda voicing on it before I can't get to further fine
voicing. Sunday morning at 8:30am for all day Chamberfest!  My bad! I'll
now go to bed at midnight!

Best,

Paul