[CAUT] Teflon Bushings

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 13:11:47 MST 2010

I assume you are reusing the hammers so no boring involved. Just pop them off and re hang on new shanks.  The time difference is probably minimal when you figure resetting a new knuckle line plus addressing the teflon bushing problem. And the cost of a good set of knuckles is not hugely different than the s/f assembly itself. When you factor in the difficulty of hanging a very accurate knuckle line I think you're better off with new s/f's.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com