[CAUT] Teflon Bushings

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 09:01:59 MST 2010

Roger & Ed, thanks for the encouragement. Here's a photo of the relocated
knuckle and reinforced yoke.

This is a 1971 L donated to the Cape Cod Conservatory. Heavy action, high
friction readings but no binding components. Moving the knuckle should drop
the friction to a reasonable level. The original knuckles were 11mm wide.

This produced excessive after touch and a drop screw head buried into
the flange.
I'm confident the knuckle relocation and size reduction will bring the action
around to a manageable regulation.

One argument to be made for not replacing the shanks is that these
are seasoned,
new ones would travel and twist in the coming years. I think Teflon bushing are
Ok, it's the unstable wood around them that causes the problems.

Now on to graduating their weight and repinning. I'll also be
installing underlever
assist springs and replacing the single string felts.  Fun & Games.
--

Regards,

Jon Page