[CAUT] F..riction

Don Mannino dmannino at kawaius.com
Mon Nov 29 14:24:00 MST 2010

Alan,

I haven't experienced that friction effect with Teflon.  I have found this to be very bad with graphited cloth bushings, but always felt Teflon had very low startup friction.  Maybe I just didn't observe carefully - I don't think I ever looked for it.

My experience was that I liked the tone of pianos with Teflon bushings very much, but just had the usual longevity issues.  Hopefully the WN&G bushings have solved this by being a more resilient material.  So for it would seem so!

Don Mannino