[CAUT] F..riction

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 30 07:35:20 MST 2010

Returning to a theme of a few weeks ago, I've read (and notice in myself) that human hearing is much more perceptive of changes in timbre, articulation and dynamics in the ppp to mp range, and diminishes quickly in the ff-ffff range.

Prosaically, ffff is a matter of decibels, but poetically ffff is an expression of relationship, achitecture and surprise. In my experience, architecture and surprise are louder.

Ed Sutton