[CAUT] Teflon Bushings

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue Nov 30 11:34:07 MST 2010

Brent -
To the extent that this discussion is taking place on CAUT, as
opposed to PianoTech, you could have a point re: practicality, though
your inventory's  good-fortune may, in fact, distinguish you from
many others in similar institutional settings. Meanwhile,  I'd hardly
call the Teflon discussion academic.  Having a thorough understanding
of the concepts and techniques would allow a university tech to train
a competent student staff to perform these operations, thereby
possibly rescuing an instrument that might otherwise have had to
forego improvement.
Finally, it's hard to make a convincing case that money has been
wasted if learning happens.
David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY