[CAUT] uprights with sostenuto

Don Mannino dmannino at kawaius.com
Fri Oct 8 15:02:30 MDT 2010

The Kawai K8 comes with sostenuto.

Don Mannino

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Fred Sturm
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 1:30 PM
To: College & University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] uprights with sostenuto

Anyone know who is still making uprights with sostenuto? Does Steinway still do it? (not listed on their website, or I didn't find it). The only manufacturer I know of for sure is Sauter, but maybe it is an option you have to special order for others.
	The question arises as a comp prof was wanting one, so I gave him our Mason 50 upright, the only upright we have with sost. Once upon a time lots of manufacturers did it, including even Wurlitzer. Yamaha did, but I heard that had ended.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"I am only interested in music that is better than it can be played."
Schnabel