[CAUT] To buy New or Rebuilt?

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Oct 12 12:35:21 MDT 2010

Thank you Ron for the imput.  I wish we had more examples of your work in
the area here!
In only a general way I was comparing the complete cost of buying an old
instrument that is thoroughly rebuilt, not simply the cost of rebuilding a
piano we already own. I admit to not being exactly current with these costs,
but I have seen beautifully remanufactured and refinished old grands for
sale at prices comparable to new.

thanks again,

Dennis.