[CAUT] To buy New or Rebuilt?

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Oct 12 14:20:00 MDT 2010

Hi Ron-

My original post probably wasn't clear on that point.  We will be expanding
into a second building scheduled to open January 2012, and that means
purchasing quite a few pianos.  Current estimate is that we will need at
least 50 and I'm down to 3 grands left on my out-of- service-and-in-storage
rebuild wait list.  Those are all old Baldwins.  We are in process of
weaning off a Yamaha lease program also so some will certainly be new
Yamahas, but our department feels strongly about a diverse inventory.  When
all this happens I expect to have some fun shopping..

best,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN.