[CAUT] Harpsichord popping strings

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Oct 12 14:28:11 MDT 2010

Ed, This is a very interesting point about previous usage prior to my
joining UNL.  Yes, indeed, the harpsichord was used quite a bit more with
the former organ professor. Of course, Richard had much more work to do on
this instrument, while, since starting here in 2006, have had very little
time with it, or it's general use, and our current organ prof started the
same time as I.  I don't think in 4 years, I've spent over 50 hours with
it...just tuning and replacing strings and such.

To Ron and others:  I've never learned how to calculate string break
tension numbers;  Could you please explain?  This will help me
tremendously in this and other real piano issues!

Thanks again, for all your continuing support!

Paul