[CAUT] Harpsichord popping strings

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 13 06:15:50 MDT 2010

Ted-

Yes, Stephen Birkett has apparently recreated 18th century wire, but it is not yet commercially available.
A review of  The Keyboard Stringing Guide for the Restoration of Pianos, Harpsichords, and Clavichords by Jean Louchet will appear in the Dec. Journal. It can be purchased at www.lulu.com.

Ed Sutton