[CAUT] How much voicing on new NY hammers

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 11:57:13 MDT 2010

I've only had to travel 3 shanks :>
Checking with Fred's method?

Alan Eder

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
To: caut <caut at ptg.org>
Sent: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 5:29 am
Subject: Re: [CAUT] How much voicing on new NY hammers

Dennis and all;

I am really appreciating all this greatadvice!  What I've discovered so far is that, indeed, many of thehammers are not aligned to a good 90 degrees, so I'll spend some time burningin the shanks.  However, I'm pleased to say I lucked out on the travelling(so far as I've only put on every other one to see how they compare thethe existing parts which are, of course 90 degrees and perfectly travelled). I've only had to travel 3 shanks :>)  I do notice that thenew shanks are quite a bit thicker in notes 58-68, which might make thetouch weight a tiny bit heavier than originals.  I'll keep notes ontouch weight comparisons and let you know on that as well.

So far, semi good!

Paul