[CAUT] Locking piano cover

Gordon pnotnr at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 15:09:00 MDT 2010

 Instrument Covers by Jill, (google that) made us a heavy padded cover for a Baldwin D Grand with a vinyl coated steel cable.  The cable runs through two grommets in the hem below the keybed and runs straight back to the tail leg.  The tail end of the cover has a heavy padded tongue that protects the tail leg.  And the two ends of the cable are looped and covered with a heat shrink plastic.    A padlock at the tail leg secures the whole thing.  (They even included the padlock).

It wasn't cheap ($600.00) but the school had just spent $40K on a rebuild, so they really wanted to protect it.

Gordon Large, RPT
(Colby College, Waterville, ME)