[CAUT] Locking piano cover

Don Mannino dmannino at kawaius.com
Tue Oct 26 17:37:49 MDT 2010

It's hard to say if there will be damage.  Like anything, a small amount of care will prevent any damage.  The cable is plastic coated.

It's easy to unlock and lock, but not as easy as a simple fallboard lock.  If I remember correctly, you undo the lock at the tail leg, then go to the keyboard end and pull the cable forward and lay it on top of the piano. Then remove the cover and fold it up.

Then again - how many students or faculty actually fold a piano cover carefully?  Right - so no matter what, there can be some damage from carelessness.

Don Mannino