[CAUT] Life Saver Systems on Vertical Classroom Pianos

mick johnson mickjohnsonrpt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 19:03:46 MDT 2010

 I have 6 systems on Yamaha U1's without back covers right now and the
improvement has been profound. It has even helped with the seasonal bowing
of the keybed so I don't have to crank capstans every semester.
2 of them get moved around daily in the classrooms. I taped signs in large
print to the front of the piano asking to keep them plugged in at all times
and to use caution when moving them. Oddly enough, it has worked well so
far.
 I use the inexpensive extension cords to give them some length, and tie the
cords in a simple overhand knot where they connect together. Easy enough to
unplug if you have to.
Still, I couldn't get a faculty member to add a can of water even if I held
them at gunpoint.

--
Mick Johnson, R.P.T.
University of Nebraska, Kearney