[CAUT] Humidity Damage

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:57:34 MST 2011

I agree with Fred's post, and question whether there is any basis at all for any insurance claim as a result of this episode. How could one document that soundboard cracks were not present before the current episode? Even the broken strings might have been avoided with "normal" pitch corrections known to be needed for harpsichords and other historical instruments when subjected to high humidity.

Kent Swafford