[CAUT] Humidity swings & harpsichord

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 6 01:19:14 MST 2011

Bach's biographer Forkel that Bach tuned his harpsichord every day. This
gives us some idea of the historic practice, and that harpsichords were not
allowed to drift far off.

Zuckermann told the Metropolitan Opera that the best way to maintain its
harpsichord was to give it to someone who would play it every day.

Ed S.