[CAUT] Building humidity now, GREAT!

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Fri Jan 7 08:43:55 MST 2011

More likely, people responsible for them do not understood how to operate them. rather than a system issue.  Like in our field, old habbist die hard and change is not a commonly used vocabulary word
When I first came onboard at WCU I had quite the challenge with the building maintenance folk. Our system is now working within design parameters and the stability is good.  I still keep a watchful eye with my guages. Year round Temp range 70 +/- 4  Humidity 45% +/- 7  There have been a few minor mishaps but that was when the system was not monitored properly.  Most of the systems fighting is due to doors and passage ways being left open. (ahhhh the faculty and students)
I strongly suggest you ask for the "HOBO" report for the system. This is a functionalty reporting printout for the temp and humiodity ranges of the sensors throughout the building. It is really good analysis tool that your system should already have built into the computer. Printout parameters can bs set for day/week/month/ time ranges etc.
One of the percular things that took me a while to grasp is that the heat can actually be on during the summer and the cooling on in the winter.  This apparently has to do with the system working to maintain a status quo throughout the building.  A waste of energy(?) perhaps, but our building did get a "green" designation.
Gerry C
WCUPA