[CAUT] Steinway verdigris

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 19:21:56 MST 2011

 Hi Horace
  For sure.... for sure...... for sure....... for sure..... for sure. A treasure trove of action parts, keysets,  hammers and soundboard panel providers.!!!
 Ok ...anyone can screw on a part but not every one can optimize that new part.  Shanks need to be well traveled, hammers need to be prepared for precision weight requirements based on a specific action ratio.
   AS for sound boards. If one makes them himself he is going to learn a bunch more about being an artisan than buying a board in a box.  Not that that isn't a viable...so don't jump me....please. In the end we have a choice to be whatever type of tech we want.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com

This is one area in which I think that we are incredibly fortunate today that there are so many alternatives for dealing with so many of the problems that used to be major problems for rebuilders.  There is almost an embarrassment of riches in terms of quality parts, hammers, and strings out there; to say nothing of very high quality boards and blocks.  It's a double-bind, in a way, because it raises to new importance questions around whether or not we really are artisans and technicians or simply new parts installers.

Best.

Horace