[CAUT] Humidity (HVAC codes)

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Jan 12 11:21:52 MST 2011

Bob -
Some thoughts:

>3.  There is no specification for minimum humidity levels,
>therefore, our brand new music building has no humidifier in the system.

>  A humidifier is not in the system because the building codes don't
> require it.

The code does not preclude humidification, does it?  Couldn't such
provision have been made, even without code requirement?  Were you
involved in the earliest stages of design? Usually, or at least
often, the persons who might have made such initial decisions are not
around to answer for the results.

The article that Scott Theile referenced: