[CAUT] Stuart & Sons

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 18 15:18:04 MST 2011

Stuart & Sons has a website www.stuartandsons.com with additional photos of their pianos as well as additional sound recordings to download.  One thing the smaller builders can offer is the innovation factor.  I liken it to the days of small harpsichord and pianoforte builders who were trying to get a leg up on the competition.  A small shop can afford to be flexible whereas a major manufacturer can have a lot of egg on its face if a particular innovation proves problematic.  (Teflon anyone?)  I applaud the efforts and it is interesting to see how some of these innovations begin to be adopted by the larger manufacturers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Norman Cantrell