[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jan 18 15:59:33 MST 2011

On 1/18/2011 4:23 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
>
>> There has been lots of garbling concerning bridge agraffes. Stuart
>> wasn't, by far, the first piano produced with bridge agraffes, and
>> should never have been granted a patent on the concept.
>

> Did Stuart get a patent on the concept?

That was my understanding, but I've been wrong plenty of times before,
and may be misinformed. I know the one I sent the photo of was patented,
and looks to me to be close enough to the Phoenix to qualify as prior
art. Closer, in fact, than to the Stuart version.

That's one reason I never had anything to do with the patent system. It
always seemed arbitrary and deeply flaky. Even more than musicians, if
that's possible. <G>
Ron N