[CAUT] How much voicing on new NY hammers/ Re-visited/Update.

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 17:51:04 MST 2011

Perhaps I missed some of this.  I have found time and time again that  killer octave issues are strike line issues. They exsist on all Ds up until about 1985 -90. I think when ever Steinway purchased Kelly plates they were fixed
  In my experience, until the killer strike line issue is changed by hanging the hammers by ear....& .... it never gets better with voicing, needling, filing....vodoo etc.
 Just my two cents.  I have fixed some otherwise stellar Ds by strike line mods.  See this months journal.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers