[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jan 18 21:03:26 MST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 8:16 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> This has been addressed on Pianotech (that other list). An
> additional kilo of agraffe mass on the bridge will increase sustain
> and change the tonal envelope without any inherently magical
> properties of the agraffe.
> Ron N

Could be, but that doesn't explain how putting some agraffes on a
standard bridge makes _those_ unisons sustain so much better than the
standard neighbors, as in the Baldwin retrofit shown I think at Grand
Rapids. Or did that other list address that seeming magic as well?
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht