[CAUT] How much voicing on new NY hammers/ Re-visited

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jan 19 10:55:30 MST 2011

Yesterday, I removed 2 of the most offendingly weak hammers and applied a
fairly strong titration of lacquer:acetone from the sides right at the top
of the molding.  This morning put them on, and viola.....much improved!  I
think there's still hope :>) I think I just didn't have enough in the core
of the hammer, nor did S&S soak them much.

BTW: Remember Steinway's parts prices are going up on the 21st, so order
what you need now.  I'm putting a pretty hefty order to handle the next 3
rehabs: 2 M's and a B.  Boss said go for it since I'll be ordering the
stuffs anyway, so why not save some doh-ray-me?

I'll give you a follow up after completing the other offending hammers.

Thanks for all the tips.

Paul