[CAUT] Bridge Materials and Design

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 19 13:11:37 MST 2011

We both met the gentleman at NAMM. It was unfortunate. The idea may have
some eventual utility, but he insists that major manufacturers stop the
assembly lines and adopt his bridge NOW!, exactly as he presents it. No
discussion, just shut up and do it. When I suggested I could write about it
in the Journal, and that someone interested might see it, he suggested I
would be wise to contact his lawyer.

What I have learned over the years is that, no matter how much I know
better, there are real reasons things are the way they are, and change is
usually not what I think it should be. Many composers have written for the
instruments that exist. I wonder why....

Ed Sutton