[CAUT] Steinway D

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri Jan 21 14:55:10 MST 2011

Give it a new board, bridges, scale, pinblock and strings, hammers and (Renner or WN&G) wippens and shanks and (probably) a new back action and what’s not to like? Just make sure the plate height is set properly (ignore the original and reset the action as appropriate). Might want to consider converting away from the so-called “accelerated action” and beef up the keys a bit as well. Even at top dollar for the rebuild you’ll come in significantly under the price of a new one and you’ll end up with a piano everyone will want to play.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

620 South Tower Avenue