[CAUT] Hard bars,(was Steinway D

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 22:53:09 MST 2011

 Hi Ed

  You know,... I had a 1927 L that had fantastic original strings. Both wrapped and plain  Original hammers were retained...for a while.
    I restrung the piano and it was a disappointment. The disparity in plain wire was quit shocking. Sustain was lacking as was color
   The bass lost something as well. Its the wire to be sure.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers
Join the Weickert felt Revolution
209-577-8397
209-985-0990

.
    It has the original bass strings and they sing.  The treble wire is intact, tunes well, and has perhaps 2 false beats in it, total. There are no string rattles.  What the hell is the problem that that can't be replicated today?
Ed Foote RPT