[CAUT] Older DC dehumidifiers/humidistats

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue Jan 25 14:45:36 MST 2011

Paul -
Black aluminum began in 1986.  You could call Randy or Kelly at
Damppchaser to get a safety opinion, but I assume they're as safe as
an old lightbulb.  When they stop, they stop.  On the other hand,
what's up with the rest of the system?  Is there a 'rest of...'?  The
humidfier bar would be more likely to need replacing due to
corrosion. The pads should probably be changed, at least.   :-)
David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY